HOW TO GET RID OF STUBBORN DANDRUFF
Getting rid of stubborn dandruff is actually not difficult. Just make sure you choose proper Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, and use it regularly. You will soon get rid of dandruff. Stubborn dandruff is actually not a new type of dandruff, but the result of inconsistent dandruff treatment. Basically, the cause of dandruff is always the same, namely a microbe called Malassezia globosa that naturally occurs on your scalp.
So that you can properly deal with the problem of dandruff, there are several things that you may have to consider:
- Is it really dandruff or just dead skin cells from dry scalp?
- Then, you need to determine what type of scalp you have. Is the scalp oily or dry?
After confirming everything, you can treat your dandruff problem with the right treatment.
REMOVING DANDRUFF ON DRY SCALP
Dandruff on dry scalp
Not all small flakes that fall from the head are dandruff, they could be dead skin cells from dry scalp. Symptoms of dandruff and dry scalp are the same, namely the presence of small flakes falling from the scalp and itching. But the difference is that dandruff results from the skin of too oily head that accumulates and becomes dandruff. Meanwhile, dry scalp can peel and eventually fall out resembling dandruff.
The way to tell the difference between dry scalp that falls out and dandruff is from their shapes.
- Scalp that falls out takes the form of small and dry flakes.
- Dandruff is large, oily, white or yellow flakes.
To find out whether you have dry scalp, you can try to analyze whether you feel the following symptoms: constant itching, the appearance of dandruff, pain, or *hair loss. Sometimes the root cause of this dry scalp is as simple as not drinking enough water or washing your hair too often. However, dry scalp can also occur due to a person's medical condition such as eczema or psoriasis.
There are several natural ingredients that can help treat dry scalp, such as coconut oil, tea tree oil, aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, a combination of olive oil and baking soda, banana, a combination of yogurt and eggs, and avocado.
Causes of dry scalp
1. Rough hair treatment products may cause irritation and contact dermatitis.
2. Unbalanced nutritional intake such as: lack of fluids (dehydration), too much consumption of sugar, fat, or flour.
3. Aging: our skin gets drier as we age.
Most people who have dry scalp feel excessive itching. These are signs that your scalp is too dry. Immediately find the right treatment to relieve itching and overcome dry scalp. Once resolved, usually there will be no more flakes of dead skin cells that fall out of the head.
How to handle it?
Dry scalp can be overcome by choosing hair treatment products that can moisturize and avoiding washing the hair with hot water. However, if after a month the condition does not improve and especially if swelling and irritation appear, you should immediately consult a doctor.
For treatment with shampoo we recommend Supreme Moisture Head & Shoulder Anti-Dandruff Shampoo with 10x moisturizer and anti-dandruff protection that helps treat dandruff on dry scalp. Its Argan oil content also moisturizes and protects hair from damage on daily basis. Your hair will also smell good with a long lasting floral scent.
REMOVING DANDRUFF ON OILY SCALP
Dandruff on oily scalp
Unlike dead skin cells that fall out due to dry scalp, dandruff from oily scalp is larger, oily, and yellow or white in color.
Causes of dandruff on oily scalp
1. Seborrheic dermatitis: is a medical condition that attacks scalp, leading to dandruff.
2. Malassezzia fungus: this fungal infection may cause scalp irritation thereby increasing the production of oil in the scalp.
3. Infrequent hairwash: dead skin cells that accumulate cause a lot of white dandruff appearing on the scalp.
4. Changes in nutritional intake: nutritional intake such as alcohol consumption affects scalp health.
5. Stress: hormonal changes and stress may also affect scalp health
How to handle it?
Use a shampoo that can clean the remaining oil and sebum on the scalp thoroughly. To treat Malassezzia fungus, you can choose an anti-dandruff shampoo with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal ingredients. We recommend Professional Advanced Oil Control Shampoo to eradicate dandruff on the scalp while helping to reduce excess sebum production and also giving your hair a fresh scent.
And if you have oily hair or scalp, comb your hair with a soft brush to evenly distribute the oil on your scalp so it doesn't accumulate in one place and cause dandruff.
Tips for Overcoming Stubborn Dandruff
In addition to specific anti-dandruff treatments based on the condition of your scalp, here are general tips to help deal with more stubborn dandruff:
• Wash your hair more often – The oilier your scalp is, the greater the risk of dandruff becomes, so the solution is to keep your hair and scalp as clean as possible
• Use anti-dandruff shampoo regularly – Head & Shoulders Cool Menthol Shampoo which gives a cool feeling and effectively removes dandruff with regular use. If you stop using it, or use it irregularly, dandruff will return
• Use an anti-dandruff conditioner – Cosmetic conditioners can remove the active ingredients from your anti-dandruff shampoo, so make sure your conditioner supports the anti-dandruff action of your shampoo
• Stress management - The more often you experience stress, your hormones will get out of control and can trigger dandruff
• Healthy food - Foods rich in zinc, B vitamins, and good fats will help prevent dandruff
• Limit hair treatment - Frequent use of various hair treatment tools and products may make the scalp condition unhealthy, which in turn cause dandruff
• Comb your hair properly - Regular combing can reduce the risk of dandruff and help exfoliate the scalp naturally, as well as help blood circulation in the head. Try combing your hair before shampooing to help the effectiveness of your anti-dandruff shampoo.
Head & Shoulder has a wide selection of anti-dandruff shampoos for different scalp conditions. So remember, whatever the dandruff problem and whatever the condition of your scalp, all variants of Head & Shoulder anti-dandruff will help conquer your stubborn dandruff problem.
FIND HEAD & SHOULDER ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU
For dry scalp, use:
For oily scalp, use:
To relieve itching, use:
Whatever your choice of Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo, make sure all the active ingredients of the shampoo are evenly distributed on the scalp, by gently massaging the scalp with your fingertips.
Now that you understand all about the causes of dandruff, all you have to do is choose one of the many variants of Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo that suits your dandruff problem. Easy, isn’t it?
*All references on this page refer to hair loss or hair loss due to hair breakage