What's the deal with all this dandruff
According to research, dandruff affects approximately 50% of the general adult population worldwide. Not only that, a significant amount of people doesn't know how to treat dandruff successfully, let alone severe forms of dandruff.
So, what is dandruff? Dandruff is a common skin condition that causes the skin on the scalp to flake in white oily flakes and your scalp to itch. The severity varies from mild to severe.
The not-so-usual suspects
The main culprits of your itch^ and flaky scalp could be:
- Bad hair products – they can make your scalp red and itchy
- A microbe called Malassezia – aggravates your scalp and causes skin cell growth
- Seborrheic dermatitis – a severe form of dandruff
- Not shampooing enough, which causes skin cells to accumulate and create flakes and itching
- Shampooing too much – can dry your skin and make it vulnerable.
Men develop dandruff more often than women. Also, people with oilier hair are at higher risk. But, as we said, it's a common condition, and with the right information and products – dandruff can become a thing of the past.
The triggers of dandruff
Some triggers can make dandruff even worse and turn it from mild to severe. So don't ignore the signs and avoid these triggers altogether:
- dandruff tends to get worse during dry months, as dry skin and scalp can't regenerate and heal fast enough, so itching gets worse
- with itching^ comes scratching, and with scratching come more and more flakes
- stress and fatigue: your body needs the energy to heal, so if you're stressed or tired, it won't be able to fight off dandruff with ease.
Fortunately, with the right choice of your hair care regimen, you can neutralize these triggers.
The Head & Shoulders Professional range
We recommend the NEW Head & Shoulders Professional range, effective even against severe dandruff from the first wash.^^
This NEW Head & Shoulders Professional range consists of:
- Head & Shoulders Professional Shampoo that deeply cleans and fights off severe dandruff^^
- Head & Shoulders Professional Conditioner with translucent gel that soothes the itchy scalp^^^ and milky lotion that moisturizes your hair strands
- Head & Shoulders Professional Leave-On Spray you can useanywhere and anytime for instant relief and protection.
Use Head & Shoulders Professional Shampoo along with the Conditioner and Leave-On spray for maximum anti-dandruff power!
If you notice that your scalp is extremely oily, take care of it with Head & Shoulders Professional Advance Oil Control Shampoo. It helps your hair and scalp fight off stubborn dandruff and excessive oils^^ with a high concentration of anti-dandruff active ingredients. Remove and cleanse your scalp and soothe the itchiness^^^ with a formula blended with the soothing effects of mosa mint. Effective against severe dandruff^^ from the first wash!